Tuesday, November 17, 2009

when age is a factor.....


last Saturday, i came to rawang when my ex students invited me to play with his team.. pemuda umno selayang want to create a football academy for the youngsters based in rawang and this is a golden opportunity for the young ones to have a go in their football path.. they are looking for players under 21.. so my students even have to hide my identity when they called me 'abang' on and off the pitch..

there were 6 teams came and there were several scout that are looking for players.. my team played tow games one lost and one win.. there was one scout who came to me and asked about my age and when he knew about it he smiled and said "too bad that you are above 21".. i just smiled back at him.. if i'm 21 and below probably i'm in the academy squad but age proved to be a stumbling block for me.. well age is a factor for me, hehe.. nevertheless, it was fun being there..


when you are a selangor fan and have watched them play, when the opportunity came along so you have to take picture as a remembrance even though i didn't recognized asmawi bakiri when he first came to the field because he changed a lot particularly with the weight and age itself..



the event concluded with the appearance of Asmawi Bakiri the ex Selangor player who plays in the mid 90's era came as an advisor and coaching staff for the academy pemuda umno selayang.. he gave a bit of encouragement and motivation to all the players.. he also acknowledged 2 teams that he saw outstanding in the game, one it is my students team and the other one is from batu 16..


No comments: